Prompt: Daily water conservation tip
If you notice that your water usage is exceeding normal levels, try these tips for conserving water:
1. Check your water usage frequently. Knowing how much water you’re spending each day can help you identify areas where you’re wasting water.
2. Use less water when you can. Turn off the water when you’re not using it, use low-flow showerheads, and make sure your faucet is turned off while brushing your teeth.
3. Fill up your tank rather than relying on the water cooler. Refilling your tank reduces the amount of water that needs to be treated and pumped.
4. Check for leaks. A wet basement or leaking roof can waste thousands of gallons of water each year. Leaks can be fixed easily and cheaply with a few dollars and a couple of hours of your time.
5. Install a water conservation system. Systems like smart irrigation can save up to 40 percent of water usage by watering only when necessary.