Prompt: Daily water conservation tip
1. If you are able to, avoid watering your garden or landscaping during times of intense heat and humidity. These conditions encourage lawn grass to go into dormancy and may result in lost foliage and flowers.
2. Turn off the water when brushing your teeth or washing your face.
3. Make a water conservation plan and stick to it. Establish realistic goals and track your progress.
4. Don’t overfill your watering can. Pour water slowly and evenly into the can to avoid wasting water and ensuring that it reaches the plants.
5. Check your water meter frequently to determine how much water your household is using. Make adjustments to your watering habits as needed.